Saturday, February 7, 2009

She's waiting..... One day

I used to believe in love.
I still do.
I'm just afraid to take chances again.
Its too risky.
I realize that when I fall, I fall hard.
Sometimes I put others before myself but never get the same treatment.
I see women differently now.
Beautiful but equally complex creatures.
When it seems you have them figured out you realize there's much more to discover.
I realized that it makes no sense to spend the effort trying to figure someone else out while losing more of myself in the process. This is what I fight with everyday.
It seems that love was a fight in which I never came out a winner.
I loved sincerely, wholeheartedly, and unconditionally and finally came to the conclusion that people do not quite know what they want. If this is the case and human minds are constantly changing and growing, is the idea of committment unrealistic? If we know that people are capable of changing their mind, would it be a risk to engage someone with the intent of starting a lifelong union?

" Is it better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all" -Alfred Lord Tennyson:

Maybe I'll settle for the latter though my heart tells me never give up.
Sometimes what you seek will come to you when you least expect it.
I'll just have to settle for love when she comes............
One Day...

No comments: