Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Eulogy: I am the Sun



What becomes of us when there becomes an end? What do we leave behind when our spirits ascend?

The great Jay-Z once said,

“Aint in it for the fame, that dies within weeks
Aint in it for the money, can’t take it when you leave
I wanna be remembered long after you grieve, long
After I’m gone, long after I breathe,
I leave all I am in the hands of history"


I thought for a long time what would be my exit song. The song that commemorates my existence on earth. A lasting impression. A Distant Memory. An exclamation. A message to all to remember who I was. The history I made. The people I saved. The lives I touched and changed.


This wouldn’t be sadness but joy. The joy in knowing that I took part in something beautiful. Life. What I was and still will continue to be. Life is energy and energy never dies nor is it destroyed. It just changes form. I will live on thru my spirit, through my music, through my legacy.
I am not this shell. I am not this face nor this body. I am energy
(soul) that occupies a vessel (body). I am one part of a vast whole (the universe).

And when I ascend, I become a part of the sun, so that I may forever shine on everyone that I leave behind…..

1 comment:

Pro's Hood said...

Mr. Aquarius...Happy upcoming bday!!!!!! thanks for the warm welcome. Let me just say sometime in near future i am going to respond to this blog entry with one of my own.

I think sapiens often neglect the fact that they only have one life. While you're here, you should be living it to the fullest and serving a purpose so when you're gone there's a seedling of your existence left in the aftermath